Sunday, August 8, 2010

Query Revision No. Bazillion...

So, I keep writing, rewriting, editing, revising. tweaking, and otherwise reinventing my query letter for The Shaman's Beacon. Its a labor of arduous love, but it does have its rewards. As I do more research in the elusive and illustrious business of writing very succinct synopsis for query letters, I see where I can improve on my overall writing.

My problem is two-fold: 1) I work in marketing, which by default leads to slurs of gratuitous adjectives; and 2) I write tomes. Even my e-mails can get long-winded. My shortest novel to date is my current one, with less than 140,000 words. I consider that a personal feat. Now I've revised yet another query in the hopes of getting to the point. I think I'm close, but only a successful contract will prove the effort was worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment