Friday, August 6, 2010

Rewriting the synopsis...

I recently rewrote a synopsis after additional research. This is what I came up with...

"The story is set in the small town of Lander, Wyoming which boasts a natural wonder as remarkable as the size of the secret werewolf pack that spans most of the state. Sure the natural wonder is something to see, but Linda Menendez is on the lookout for wolves. When they start finding her she realizes something is different about these wolves. There is far too much behind those feral eyes to be anything but intelligent. And the cowboy she meets at Lupine Lodge only reaffirms something isn’t right. Clayton McIntyre’s gray eyes aren’t just feral they’re the same color as those of a wolf her father captured on camera years ago near the very same town. Eventually she figures out they are one and the same. That’s when things get hairy..."

There's more to it than that, but this is just the intro.

I found that reading other similar paranormal romance novel hooks there was a common theme of action or drama, which helped me determine what to focus on first. Honestly, writing an elevator speech version of my novel is as easy as pulling teeth, and almost as painful. I can only hope it gets easier over time.

On a side note, all the feedback on the newest book has been very positive. Looks like I'm building a fan base among my friends already. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment