Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finished...again!

After doing some research, I decided to dive back into my recently completely novel to tighten it up. I went from 135,000 words to 122,000 words. That's a significant cut, but after reading my material I saw that I kept reiterating the same thing a couple of times. Although it provides some context, it can be very annoying for a reader. So, I removed the repetition, along with some pedantic material, and now have a concise, straightforward story. I'm quite proud of myself, I must say.

The novel has been sent to my editor for final comments and edits. Whew, its a lot of work writing a book. But boy, I love it!

Now, I can enjoy World of Warcraft: Cataclysm when it hits the stores in December without worrying about finalizing the novel. I might have to dedicate some time during Blizzcon here in late October, but I hope to have it done by then.

Clint's father is doing much better. Its a slow recovery, but its a solid one and we'll take that. Now more than ever I realize Clint and I need to save up resources for these emergencies. This economy is making things difficult for us, especially considering the higher cost of living here in California. Eventually we'll make our way to Texas, but for now I'm content with enjoying my work at the firm, writing novels, playing World of Warcraft with friends and family, and spending time with the most wonderful man in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment