Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good news...

October is here!

October is my favorite month of the year. There are several reasons for that:

1. Harvest time
2. Turning leaves
3. Cooler nights
4. Pumpkin everything, particularly bread and soup
5. Ghost Hunters (one of my favorite TV shows)

and most of all...

6. HALLOWEEN!

I have a birthday on Halloween. I was born at 11:45 pm, pretty close to the witching hour. What can I say? I was perverse from the time I was in the womb, bless my mother's heart.

Each year I decorate for Halloween, but nothing on par to what I used to do when I lived in a house. I've sold all of my past Halloween frock in a garage sale. Made a grundle too. But I'm getting a hankering for the old days when I would turn my modest abode into a cemetery-mausoleum. I'd hang around the front with make up that brought out my inner-ghoul and unleashed The Scream Of Death upon people who approached the door for candy. Fun times.

So this year, bring out your worms, your skeletal candelabras, your green goo and all the other macabre accouterments and have yourself a very happy hallow-scream and enjoy this wondrous month, October.

In the spirit of the season, I've provided a little YouTube clip that truly gave me a start. Its genius. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment