Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

A new year has come and there are many things to look forward to. First, my husband and I are in the process of relocating to Texas. Second, I've given myself a goal of finishing two books this year--Between the Lines and the second installment to the Beacon series. Third, World of Warcraft Cataclysm raiding with the guild will begin next weekend.

Out of all three, the most exciting are my writing goals. I am currently working with a web designer to get a website up, expect to attend literary/agent conferences, and continue pursuing an agent I hope to find soon. There are a number of excellent agents I would love to work with. So, I'm hopeful as I continue to query them. And given the feedback I've received on my works so far I'm confident I'll find one soon.

I'm reading a wonderful book currently, The Shortest Distance Between You And A Published Book by Susan Page. It is a brilliant guide to help author's to understand the business side of publishing, from writing, book titles, character development to contracts, agent fees, and royalties. I find myself already reconsidering new titles for several novels I've written.

Now if only I had more hours in a day! Time management? Maybe a New Years resolution for next year. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment