Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just around the river bend...

I love the song Just Around The River Bend from Disney's Pocahontas animated movie. I too have felt that there was so much more to experience in life if I but took the bend in the road. There might be opportunities otherwise unknown or untried if I didn't go. The thing is I knew that it was up to me to try and the only way I would ever make my dreams come true is if I never gave up.

I've seen much in the course of my life, very much like the river described in the movie. Some of those river bends were calm and others wild. The thing that kept me going was knowing the next bend might be the one I've been searching for. I came upon that bend today.

As some of you might know I am moving to Texas. Its a new adventure, to say the least. Even so, I am about to embark on an even greater adventure as a published author.

I have been given an offer by a publishing house I love. I'm so excited by this venture I can't stop grinning. The house is one of the leading e-publishing houses for romantic titles. And thanks to a bend about fifteen years ago that led me into the marketing industry, I will be able to promote my book with publishing experts who know the trends and best practices for getting the word out.

There are many more bends in the river to come, but for now I think I'll just sit in the canoe and relish this one here.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO stoked for you. SO stoked!

    'Grats lady, hugehugehuge 'grats! :)

    Keep us very updated on the process! :)

    ReplyDelete