Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jumping through hoops in the Fall

I've put The Wolf Witch down to write another novel that has captured my imagination. I'm still unclear where I'm going with this series, so its easier for me to get something down first before I make the final decision. I want to make sure I tell the overall arch of the story through the novels in just the right sequence. However, there are times when novels can stand alone, and combined with other books in a series make for an even better story. That's what I'm looking at.

The protagonist in the first book, The Shaman's Beacon, was essentially the easiest because of her love interest, Clayton. He was such a pleasure to write that he nearly wrote the story for me. The subsequent books aren't so forthcoming. I know what I want to do, but its how I wish to present the story that is a challenge. It feels like jumping through hoops. A challenge I look forward to, despite the fact its driving me nuts. lol Yeah, I'm just masocistic that way.

Fall is my favorite time of year. One, because Halloween is coming and yours truly celebrates her birthday that day, and two, because of the changing of the seasons...not to mention pumpkin everything! Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin cake. Okay, okay. I get that its overkill. But its pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment