Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pimp My Novel: The Never-Ending Battle Continues

I came across this marvelous blog entry that discusses the current battle for B&N by two "rich guys." If the outsider, Burkle, wins the battle, we could see major changes to the company. This is specifically related to their e-business, where Burkle wants to position the company to directly compete with Amazon.

This intrigues me, because since ebooks have become more prolific in the market I am purchasing more books in the last six months than I have my entire lifetime. I find myself buying whole series in ebook format, as well as single titles. Ironically, the books are more expensive ($8 to 10 each) than if I buy it at the local B&N, but its easier for me since I live in front of a computer. That's because I read the books while I fish in World of Warcraft, wait to do quests in the game, stop writing/editing and read a few lines when I need a break, etc.

Either way this guys, I'm grateful for people like Eric in the literary industry who take the time to inform us ignorant masses with the latest.

I probably should follow the news more often than I do. Doh!

Pimp My Novel: The Never-Ending Battle Continues: "As I mentioned last month, there's a battle going on for control of Barnes & Noble (BKS). Leonard Riggio, chairman and largest stockholder o..."

No comments:

Post a Comment